Detailed video inspection of the underside of the bridges in hard to reach areas without fall protection or scaffolding. KBR required high-resolution images/videos of the structures, cross beams and surface conditions.
Bridge Inspection Case Study
Bridge Inspection for KBR
- Flying in tight spots in low light conditions, not easily accessible, over the water surface, hanging cables and surrounded by trees/vegetation.
- Working within the danger zone on unstable surface.
- AUAV flew mini drones with propeller guards, and in low-light conditions, a drone with lights was used to provide sufficient lighting to capture high-resolution data.
- Significant cost reduction by not sending multiple crew on-site.
- Turnaround time is less than 48 hours.