Experience with project management in a technical field is a must, and exposure to drone operations is obviously a plus. You will be responsible for scheduling staff, equipment and ensuring the delivery of complex projects throughout NSW, as well as writing proposals to secure work and also executing some of the drone operation and data processing work to ensure you are familiar with the processes.
AUAV is a cutting-edge and fast-growing drone services business, specialising in the delivery of high-value inspection and mapping data for commercial and government clients around the country.
We have an opening in Sydney for a manager to coordinate the day-to-day operations and oversee a wide range of projects throughout NSW. You will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of a wide range of drone projects from initial quotation and execution through to final post-mortem reviews for continuous improvement.
You will manage the scheduling of staff and equipment, balancing the competing internal and external requirements of multiple concurrent projects. In addition you will liaise with clients, prepare quotations, and report on financial performance. You will be directly supervising a team of highly-skilled drone pilots and technical specialists to ensure successful completion of field work and office-based data processing.
The position would ideally suit someone with project management experience who has been undertaking drone operations at a smaller company and would now like to be part of a larger team.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet the criteria below.
- Running the NSW team: project management, scheduling and resourcing. Ensure each project is delivered well, on time and on budget
- Respond to inquiries, write proposals and tender submissions. Liaise with clients on requirements, delivery and feedback
- Lead the team in NSW, ensure everyone is supported to do great work, is challenged and progressing in their skills and career
- Resource planning: determine when additional staff, aircraft or other equipment is needed
- Some degree of business development alongside AUAV’s Sydney based director: source work, liaise with leads, client and conference presentations
- Highly-motivated and driven, independently capable
- Managerial experience, with strong people and communication skills
- Strong safety ethic, experience with safety management systems and risk mitigation
- Technical project management, able to follow and make improvements to complex processes and systems, while juggling multiple projects. Preferably experience managing teams both in field and office environments
- Comfortable dealing with large digital datasets, computers and online tools
- Some exposure to financial management & budgeting
- Experience using drones for survey or inspection
- Experience in a fee-for-service consulting or technical services business
- Experience writing project bids and proposals
- Experience with Safety and Risk Management, i.e. SWMS, JSAs, Risk Analysis
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 Quality Assurance framework
In addition to the above, a background in survey, inspection, engineering or GIS would be highly advantageous.
We will unfortunately not be able to consider overseas candidates for this role unless they have an existing and open-ended Australian working Visa.