AUAV is a rapidly-growing drone services business, focused on aerial mapping and asset inspection. We are looking to fill a new position on the NSW team, based in Sydney (Enmore).
The role is primarily a mix of drone operations as well as 3D and map data processing, though we would ideally also take best advantage of a candidate’s other skills to assist our Sydney-based Director with other duties.
The ideal candidate has some experience flying UAVs, with fixed-wing experience being considered a bonus but not required. They would also have a high-degree of technical and problem-solving skills, experience dealing with large amounts of imagery or other digital data, and be capable of working independently on project locations.
- UAV operation: Multi-Rotor and Fixed-Wing (and possibly also more advanced types including large scale single-rotor heli and BVLOS operations). Field work will be primarily undertaken close to Sydney, but with some trips to rural and interstate projects.
- Data Processing: using Pix4D, Global Mapper, Photoshop, Lightroom and other software to process the drone data.
- Assisting with project proposals, process documentation, admin and other tasks.
This is a full-time role, though it is anticipated that the work can be undertaken as a mix of 2 days in the Sydney (Enmore) office and the remainder working on project sites or from your home. Our hours are quite flexible, though on occasion some weekend work may be required due to client schedules or weather.
For the right candidate we would consider expanding these duties to include:
- Project Management: AUAV undertakes several dozen projects each month, requiring scheduling of staff, equipment and travel arrangements.
- Marketing assistance: social media, print and online advertising, conference attendance, media requests.
- Assist with website maintenance and content: minor updates to the website, generating articles and other content with the assistance of the team.
- Technical R&D: AUAV designs and fabricates our own fixed-wing drones and other hardware solutions. We have also developed our own online data platform and other software solutions. If this suits your skillset we would get you involved in these efforts.
In this way the role can expand to enable a suitable applicant to grow into a senior and core member of the AUAV team.
Given it is graduation season we thought we would highlight some of the degrees and departments we think are well-suited to this role:
- Remote Sensing
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computing Science
Updated November 2018