Experience with project management in a technical field is a must, and exposure to drone operations is obviously a plus. You will be responsible for scheduling staff, equipment and ensuring the delivery of complex projects throughout the country, as well as writing proposals to secure work and also executing some of the flying work to fill gaps in the schedule and ensure you are familiar with the processes.
Australian UAV (AUAV) is a fast-growing drone services business, specialising in the delivery of high-value inspection and mapping data for commercial and government clients around the country.
As AUAV continues to grow we have recognised the need for a manager to coordinate the day-to-day operation of the business. Reporting to the two Directors, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful management and delivery of a wide range of drone projects around the country from initial quotation through to final post-mortem reviews for continuous improvement.
You will manage the scheduling of staff and equipment, balancing competing internal and external requirements of multiple concurrent projects. In addition you will liaise with clients, prepare quotations, and report on the financial performance of the projects. You will be directly supervising a team of highly-skilled drone pilots and technical specialists to ensure successful completion of their field work and office-based data processing.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com outlining how you address the criteria below, as well as a short statement on how you believe you can take our business to the next level using experience you have gained in your previous roles.
- Highly-motivated and driven, independently capable
- Managerial experience, with strong people and communication skills
- Technical project management, able to follow and make improvements to complex processes and systems, while juggling multiple projects
- Comfortable dealing with large digital datasets, computers and online tools
- Supervision of technical staff
- Experience with Safety and Risk Management, i.e. SWMS, JSAs, Risk Analysis
- Some exposure to financial management & budgeting
- Experience using drones for survey or inspection
- Experience in a fee-for-service consulting business
- Experience writing project bids and proposals
- Quality Assurance experience, preferably having established ISO 9001 processes
In addition to the above, a background in survey, inspection, GIS or software development would be highly advantageous.